What degree would I need?

Started by Time486
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Time486

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm interested in going to pharmacy school. I know some schools will let you apply right out of high school (the one I plan on applying to does) but unfortunately it's been a few years since I've graduated from high school. What type of degree would I have to earn before applying to a pharmacy school?
 
I'm interested in going to pharmacy school. I know some schools will let you apply right out of high school (the one I plan on applying to does) but unfortunately it's been a few years since I've graduated from high school. What type of degree would I have to earn before applying to a pharmacy school?

Hey there - Since you seem really new to the pharmacy scene, I'd really encourage you to visit our wonderful FAQ sticky at the top of this forum page. It'll help get you started big time... we'll be able to help you more with specific questions.

The answer to your question is... well... anything! I have two social sciences Bachelor's degrees, Phathead (another regular user) is finishing a business degree, Farscapegirl just finished a Master's in a science, etc... Whatever you do, though, you just have to bear in mind the pre-requisites that every pharmacy school has, and for that, pharmcas.org and AACP will help you greatly. With all that said, please, go read the sticky!
 
I would think you could still apply to straight from hs programs if you don't have a bachelor's / aa degree. you should contact them
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad