what dictates a solid PS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunshao

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I know when ppl say their stats, someone always replies with a strong PS, stron references, etc. I want to know what a strong PS would contain? the other strong stuff can be understood, but how do u determine as a scale for someone's PS as being weak or strong?

thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

When you're happy with it. xD You can tell it's strong by how you feel about it and how much time you have put into it. Ask what another person thinks about it. I think when someone says they have a strong PS, they mean they have put a lot of time asking for input and revising it, and in turn receiving positive feedback.

someone should be able to read it and say "wow". it should be well written, no grammatical errors obviously, and really portray your passion and dedication for the field. sometimes its easy to spot the BS

Reactions: 1 users
Well-written, eloquent language, powerful or impacting message, concise, professional, etc.

Similar reasons as, say, why the average college research paper is generally better quality than the average third grade research paper. Its usually a combination of the factors above and others which I may have neglected to mention.