What did you do the Spring before Intern year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UKingdom

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
As a 4th year who's on his last rotation, I'm going to have a couple months off before intern year starts. Just curious what interesting and fun things everyone did before they started Intern Year. There is of course the standard "traveling, hanging out with friends, etc" I'm basically going to have April and May off.

I'm looking for interesting international opportunities and programs specifically (particularly Australia or South America or Spain), but just wanted to see if anyone else had any suggestions of things to do or wouldn't mind sharing their experiences. Obviously it's a little last minute to find something but I figure better late than never, and maybe there's still spots available for fun things to do.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow you've got a lot of time off!

I only had a few weeks...after hanging out with friends/family, I sold everything, travelled 5000 miles to my new location, and found a new car, apartment, furniture, etc.

Hmm..I had about 2 1/2-3 months off. I did nothing substantial. I hung out with friends, went to visit a friend across the country, looked for an apartment in the new city I was heading to, moved in with some time to familiarize myself with where things were, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to Costa Rica, sipped some Long Islands while chillaxing in the private jacuzzi on the deck of the hotel room while watching a volcano spew lava, then went zip lining through the jungle, then went to the natural hot springs, then went to the coast and surfed my brains out. That and I drank a lot of beer.

I highly recommend it.

i hung out with friends for a bit, did some fixups on my condo and sold it, then moved across the country with about 3 weeks to spare before intern year started ... wanted time to get settled in the new state.

Went to London/Paris for 8 days with a classmate - had a blast. I highly recommend some sort of travel.

Spent quality time hanging out in bars in NYC - played the alphabet game and went to a bar beginning with a different letter.

Hung out with my classmates - you'll probably never see them again.

Slept - you'll probably never do that again either.