What did you do with your old white coat?

Started by visioneer
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

visioneer

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys,

i would have posted this in the "everything" thread only to realize it doesn't seem to exist anymore...

i have two old white coats from my internship (not the same hospital where i am doing my residency) that have my name and hospital logo embroidered into it. the original hospital won't take them back. i can't wear it at the new hospital. i don't want to donate it (to avoid it being used maliciously) and yet the packrat in me cannot throw it away. i have been holding onto them for years!

anyone have any creative uses for old white coats that i could do on a resident's time and budget?

thanks 🙂
 
Donate it to some doctor wannabes like these ==>

http://www.umm.edu/shocktrauma/clinical_services/nurse_practitioner_trauma_specialty_group.htm

In all seriousness, I cut mine up into rags which I used to wash my car. My med student coat I gave to my puppy to potty train. That gave me particular satisfaction for some reason.

So how do you make a living now that you left clinical medicine?

I looked through your blog, but didn't see anything about what you are doing now.

Posts like yours make me apprehensive about going into medicine ! 😱
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are they long white coats?

I'm sure there is a nurse manager who would love to have them at your hospital.