What did you do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gail Cohen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After your interview or interviews, did you send a hand written thank you note or an email?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
no, nope, meaning no thank you correspondence at all?

Yea, none. It's a polite gesture, but has no bearing on their decision, if that's what you are concerned about. But send one if you want. It couldn't hurt..

handwritten thank you notes to interviewers and handwritten thank you notes to the admissions ladies who had been taking all of my phone calls. note to pre-dents: the admissions ladies CAN play a part in you getting in or not, act accordingly.

handwritten notes a week later, one email to someone that did not interview me.

Last edited:
i sent handwritten thank you cards to interviewers and important admissions people the day after the interview.

I have read about the importance of doing this, and will definitely do this after my interviews.

i sent handwritten thank you cards to interviewers and important admissions people the day after the interview.
I'm hypocritical. I sent a letter to NYU, but didn't receive other interviewers information so I haven't sent other letters yet. Sugarsting, did you just call UNC for you interviewers information or did you get it the day of the interview??

I slapped my interviewers' butts on the way out.

Thank you's on the way out as well as phone calls to the secretaries

I think it would be polite to send a thank you note or email.