What did you think of these programs??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

md2bny

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those that already matched can you give me some details ur scores...how many interviews u had and where you matched?
For those of you who have interviewed in northeast can you give your feedback on some of the programs?
stony brook
downstate
Northshore
Long island jewish
JFK
st vincent
umdnj
u penn
thomas jeff
columbia/cornell
u of miami
etc etc

Members don't see this ad.

md2bny said:
for those that already matched can you give me some details ur scores...how many interviews u had and where you matched?
For those of you who have interviewed in northeast can you give your feedback on some of the programs?
stony brook
downstate
Northshore
Long island jewish
JFK
st vincent
umdnj
u penn
thomas jeff
columbia/cornell
u of miami
etc etc
Penn and Columbia are top 10 programs. Cornell is on the fringe of the top 10.
The remainder are all probably tier 3 programs.

Of the programs you mentioned, I have interviewed at Columbia. I loved the program a lot and for the longest time I was debating whether to rank Columbia or UCLA first. Ultimately I decided on UCLA based on its location and having family/friends in CA. However, Columbia has excellent academic reputation (it is considered one of the "top five" along with Partners, Hopkings, Penn, and UCSF), great clinical training (rotating through New York-Presbyterian and Harlem Hospital), ample research opportunities and availability of great professors. The two areas of neurology that the chairman said he's looking to improve were MS and neuro-oncology. Overall, if you are trained at Columbia, you will have a bright future in neurology.

how are nyu, cornell and mount sinai ranked??

question 2....for non academic positions, does the place of residency matter in neuro....im thinking the answer is no, like in most other fields of medicine

thanks