What do I do now???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

suki5105

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can I simply start this off with a rant about my premed advising office?

I asked them for a letter for med school apps month ago. MONTHS ago. I would told it would take 3 weeks, possibly more since, for various reasons, I decided not to submit my letters of rec through their service. I thought that was fine, since I needed a few weeks for secondaries anyway.

...IT'S BEEN MONTHS.

All my secondaries were done long ago. I am so frustrated because this premed office still has yet to submit their letter. Because of this, many (thankfully, not all) of my applications aren't considered 'complete' and aren't being reviewed, even though I finished everything in my control MONTHS ago.

I've been emailing the people at the office like crazy but nobody is responding. I've been calling them and getting voicemails. What the heck?!

What do I do now? It's clear I'm not gonna be getting this letter any time soon. Unfortunately, when I filled out my secondaries, I would always indicate that a letter from my premed office was on its way. Can I cancel with AMCAS? Remove that letter from my primary app and send an email to the schools I'm applying to explaining things?

I know med school are rolling admissions and I feel like I'm getting completely screwed over by this.

What do I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Show up at their office. One of my letter writers fell out of contact near the deadline I gave him. He wouldn't respond to emails or answer his phone.

I showed up at his office. I got my letter the next day. It's too easy to ignore a phone call or email. Go to the office, and they can't ignore you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm confused as to what you expect them to write seeing as you aren't using their service for recommendations...

At least in my case, the committee letter is basically a snapshot of my separate recommendations with a little personal background information in the beginning.