what do i do now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drworkhorse

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have come to conclusion that my gpa(3.5) and my recent mcat score (20O) will not get me into any medical school. I plan on retaking it again in april and applying again for fall 2007 but i need to know what to do in the mean time. do i apply for post bacc school? will it really help my chances of getting into a school? my advisor does not know anything about these programs so i am kind of on my own here....

Members don't see this ad.

drworkhorse said:
i have come to conclusion that my gpa(3.5) and my recent mcat score (20O) will not get me into any medical school. I plan on retaking it again in april and applying again for fall 2007 but i need to know what to do in the mean time. do i apply for post bacc school? will it really help my chances of getting into a school? my advisor does not know anything about these programs so i am kind of on my own here....

I think you need to retake the mcat :thumbup:

No matter how good your gpa is, you wont get into a US md school with that score. Perhaps you may get into a DO or carrib. school, but even with them your mcat is on the low side.