What do I do now?

Started by mdognotcat
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mdognotcat

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a new poster so please don't be angry with me for asking this question. I was born and raised in the United States but when my single mother was posted to Hong Kong by her company, I went with her because she was all alone and lonely. I ended up graduating from a good university in Hong Kong with a very good grade. After I returned back to America, I worked for a few years to pay off family debts. Later I finished my pre-med courses at a community college and a local state school.

Now deans of the two MD schools in my state e-mailed me that I don't have 90 credits in America, so I am not eligible to their medical school. There are no other medical schools in my state.


Unfortunately the osteopathic schools I checked also seem to want a "regionally accredited" university. Pretty sure they mean an American degree.

- What can I do now? What are my options other than spending more time accumulating the 90 credits?

- Can I relocate to some other state where the state medical schools don't have hangups about 90 credits? What states would these be?


- Based on my bachelor's degree from overseas (and the pre-med courses from within the U.S.), do you think I could get a bachelor's degree in the United States with very minimal coursework? How quickly do you think I could get a B.S. degree? Please help because my MCAT score is getting older every day.

Thank you all,
Veronica G.