What do I need for Florida schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pktgresch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My gpa is not good right now(3.0), I am only a junior in undergrad, though. I am a Florida resident and I'm curious what combination of gpa and mcat would give me a decent shot of gaining acceptance to either lceomb or msu as an instate student. I assume it makes a difference being from florida. I appreciate it. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

My gpa is not good right now(3.0), I am only a junior in undergrad, though. I am a Florida resident and I'm curious what combination of gpa and mcat would give me a decent shot of gaining acceptance to either lceomb or msu as an instate student. I assume it makes a difference being from florida. I appreciate it. Thanks.

I'm going to assume you meant NSU, not MSU. Anyway, no one can really tell you what score you need. There are two many variables, such as extracurricular activities, trends in your grades, science GPA vs. overall GPA, and how well you can present yourself on paper. You can look at mdapplicants.com or doapplicants.com; the former will have access to stats of dozens of prior applicants who did and didn't get in. The latter lists each DO school's average stats. Those websites might help you get a feel for the stats you need, but they won't give you a precise formula.