What do I need?

Started by AlexFLA
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AlexFLA

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm graduating with a Bachelors in exercise science in spring 14, I love the field and have applications to Physical Therapy schools. However Im a recovering alcoholic and have been sober for several years, went to rehab in my late teens and met with many counselors ect, so this field also has a very special place in my heart..

What do I need to be a counselor in a drug and alcohol rehab?

What licensure is required and how do I obtain one?

Not looking for someone to do all the research for me I'm just looking to be pointed in the right direction thanks

Alex
 
I'd start with checking individual state licensing board requirements of where you'd like to practice. Also look for job postings in the area, as they'll likely list the qualifications for which they're looking. Substance use can be a bit unusual in that sometimes, they may not require anything more than perhaps a certificate of training, at least based on what I've heard in the past.