What do interns need from s/o?

t3chbook

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How can I make my boyfriend's intern year easier on him?

We have only been together 5 months and we were lucky enough to have the foundation of our relationship begin with him on easy rotations with the full weekend off. He warned me things were going to get very bad and boy was he spot on.

I love him and I want to make his life easier but the little things I feel like I can contribute i.e. feeding him, making sure his place isn't a complete disaster is a bit difficult since we don't live together.

So all of you former or current residents out there...what is something that your s/o did for you that made a difference? Is there anything I can do to make his life a little easier?

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, my husband is in his 4th year of general surgery residency. After all of his breakdowns he's had where he questions if he went into the right field or when he can't spend as much time with our daughter as he can, I've found it's best to just let him vent when he needs it. It sounds really easy, but I swear after the 20th time, you start to get really sick of listening to them complain. But that's what they need the most. I work full time and take care of our daughter and the house, but no amount of food helps quite as much as just letting him know I'm there if he needs to be reassured or just to vent about anything. Good luck!