What do most people do on the week before their test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asfasdfasdferwerw

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've read on the posted study plans here and on Ari's study plans that the best thing to do would be to essentially take a full length practice (either the 2007/2009 or just every bootcamp subject) test every day until the test comes up. But is that what most people here actually do? Personally I don't know how I feel about doing that because it takes a tremendous amount of energy and time to take a full length practice test.
I feel like I could use this time and energy instead by just reviewing the material more and making sure it stays in my head (most notably, Bio). Of course I realize the importance of simulating actual test conditions and so I would take a few tests to be prepared for the real test, but taking a full test for the whole 7 days seems a bit excessive to me.

Am I misguided here? What's your take on this guys?

Members don't see this ad.

The week before my test, I did a full length test every day. Each section on BC back to back, gave myself a 15 min break just like the actual DAT. I think the 2007 DAT is good practice and the 2009 test gives you a good idea of how the test is. I relaxed the day prior to test day and just reviewed some notes and looked at formula sheets that I made. Good luck!

Although I don't recommend doing a full length everyday, I would definitely recommend a full length DAT simulation at least twice within a week of your exam. This is because you want to prepare yourself to sit for around 4 and a half hours and training yourself to switch subjects just like the exam.

I started BC 11 days before my test. I basically did half a test a day until I finished that, with taking one day out to do the 2009 practice test. Then I went through the Destroyer questions I got wrong and made sure I understood why I got them wrong and all the other answers. I went through those again and made notecards on topics that I just had to brute-force memorize. In the last 3 days I went through all the BC SNS and did a few more PAT practice tests, along with [finally] starting to study for QR. The last day, I tried to relax.

Doing a whole test a day is a lot to cover and can be a ton to review everyday. I would probably go with the half test method. I usually just did SNS and PAT back to back, did a work out, and then reviewed the solutions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the test each method like the boot camp suggests. I think it helped prepare me for the actual test in just being able to sit down and get it done. It is a lot to do though, no doubt about it