what do secondary applications mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweet2th

ready to roll
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does everyone get a secondary application or does it mean they like you and want more info?

Members don't see this ad.

sweet2th said:
Does everyone get a secondary application or does it mean they like you and want more info?

Depends on the school.

Some submit them to all applicants.
Some submit them to those that meet minimum standards (GPA & MCAT)
Some submit them to those whose applications have been reviewed and appear to be desireable applicants.

Where's the secondary from? Maybe someone can tell you if they screen or not...

Members don't see this ad :)
iwillbesoon said:
Where's the secondary from? Maybe someone can tell you if they screen or not...

PCOM i was wondering about....I spoke with someone there yesterday and she said "once we get your AACOMAS" application, we'll send you a secondary." It seems to me there is no screen process and that everyone who applies gets one. Sorry to sound so dumb but I am new to this process!

sweet2th said:
PCOM i was wondering about....I spoke with someone there yesterday and she said "once we get your AACOMAS" application, we'll send you a secondary." It seems to me there is no screen process and that everyone who applies gets one. Sorry to sound so dumb but I am new to this process!

I don't think they really screen at PCOM. They may have a cutoff though.

Hm, yeah, I don't know about PCOM. I know the Touro's do, and CCOM does...not sure about AZCOM.