BackeyWackey

10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Illinois
Status
Pharmacy Student
Hi, I am applying to Midwestern University CCP and UIC CP for this coming application season. I am just curious, I am almost complete with my PharmCAS applications, but am wondering, what do supplemental applications usually consist of? Like what other kinds of materials could they possibly need? Writing samples, Pharm. Tech liscences, more money? Just curious. Thanks for your help.

senzabee

10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
Status
Pharmacy Student
BackeyWackey said:
Hi, I am applying to Midwestern University CCP and UIC CP for this coming application season. I am just curious, I am almost complete with my PharmCAS applications, but am wondering, what do supplemental applications usually consist of? Like what other kinds of materials could they possibly need? Writing samples, Pharm. Tech liscences, more money? Just curious. Thanks for your help.
Why don't you go to each school's website and look at their supplemental applications.

OP
B

BackeyWackey

10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Illinois
Status
Pharmacy Student
well, I have tried doing some research. MWU's website says that they will send you a supplemental application if you are qualified. I cannot find any links to what the application consists of.

About the Ads

senzabee

10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
Status
Pharmacy Student
BackeyWackey said:
well, I have tried doing some research. MWU's website says that they will send you a supplemental application if you are qualified. I cannot find any links to what the application consists of.

Well, for UIC, they have their application on their website.

http://www.uic.edu/pharmacy/offices/osa/PharmacyApplication2007.pdf

I believe all schools require additional application fees, so you can bet on that. And you'll most likely have to answer more essay questions.

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status
Pharmacy Student
I know UOP they make you answer another essay question and write in other repetitive personal info... no clue why though.

fidelio

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 13, 2005
California
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Yes, UOP and UCSF requires some sort of secondary personal statement.

It is kind of weird, but I guess because the schools are getting more competitive. When my dad applied to UOP, there were no secondary apps, no interviews, no PCAT, and no rec letters required. He said he was just accepted.

eleanor_rigby

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
A nice check written out to the school so even if they don't get you into their upcoming class, they still leave with something.

senzabee

10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
Status
Pharmacy Student
fidelio said:
Yes, UOP and UCSF requires some sort of secondary personal statement.

It is kind of weird, but I guess because the schools are getting more competitive. When my dad applied to UOP, there were no secondary apps, no interviews, no PCAT, and no rec letters required. He said he was just accepted.
Yeah, I talked to the pharmacists I know (alum of UCSF, Oregon, Purdue), and they were all saying that they didn't have stuff like that before! When they read the essay questions, they were all just thankful they went to school already!

About the Ads