What do y'all think about Kaplan lecture notes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheShaker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've taken a look and it seems like a pretty thorough resource. Much more long winded than first aid but it's so much easier to read complete sentences and points in context rather than memorizing the shopping list that is first aid. I'm thinking about making it my primary resource for certain sections but I was wondering if I am hurting myself by not doing its lecture videos? Input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I found kaplan lecture notes really helpful and a main resource for physiology, anatomy, behav., and pretty much all of them except pathology (I used pathoma).
FA is cool for rapid review, but ONCE you've understood the basics, and as you said, kaplan explains everything better.
I'd use kaplan and have FA as a complement/rapid review source

I found kaplan lecture notes really helpful and a main resource for physiology, anatomy, behav., and pretty much all of them except pathology (I used pathoma).
FA is cool for rapid review, but ONCE you've understood the basics, and as you said, kaplan explains everything better.
I'd use kaplan and have FA as a complement/rapid review source

Thanks, I'll go ahead and make it a bigger part of my study plan. Did you feel like you were missing out by not doing be videos?

I've taken a look and it seems like a pretty thorough resource. Much more long winded than first aid but it's so much easier to read complete sentences and points in context rather than memorizing the shopping list that is first aid. I'm thinking about making it my primary resource for certain sections but I was wondering if I am hurting myself by not doing its lecture videos? Input would be appreciated. Thanks.
i wasted so much time on kaplan. Regret it a lot. It's not something you can retain, if you're worried about understanding concepts do as many questions as you can.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's good for preclinical years when you're learning the material... not so good as a dedicated period resource except for subjects you have a bad foundation in and basically have to learn it again

I mostly used videos though for pethology and embiyology and behaviorul science. Didn't use the notes much. Videos are wonderful imo but I'm the type of person who hates reading so take it with a grian of salt

Reactions: 1 user
In my case kaplan notes are a MUST because im a psychiatrist, meaning i forgot a lot of physio, biochemistry, anatomy... and kaplan explains everything very well.

Make sure you have a great understanding of physiology as it will help you with EVERYTHING else