What do you do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IamnotFreud

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you do when you cannot contact program coordinators (and need to do so!) despite numerous attempts when they don't answer emails, pick up the phone, etc?
Going there in person is not an option.

Members don't see this ad.

Try the program's graduate medical education office.

I would not know how to get in touch with them, that information is not listed on the website. I am trying to get in touch with Spaulding and I have called a number of times for the past several days, as well as emailed. No pick up. I have been able to talk to the coordinator once and that's it. I think the coordinator is also the only one who is supposed to be able to execute what I want.

It's very frustrating.

I would not know how to get in touch with them, that information is not listed on the website. I am trying to get in touch with Spaulding and I have called a number of times for the past several days, as well as emailed. No pick up. I have been able to talk to the coordinator once and that's it. I think the coordinator is also the only one who is supposed to be able to execute what I want.

It's very frustrating.

Umm...you could ask the Googles. A search for "Spaulding Hospital GME" brought me to this page, and a single click there brought me to this other page.

From there you can find this page (GME office for the entire Partners System including Spaulding). Or maybe this page (GME contact info for Partners) might be useful.

Umm...you could ask the Googles. A search for "Spaulding Hospital GME" brought me to this page, and a single click there brought me to this other page.

From there you can find this page (GME office for the entire Partners System including Spaulding). Or maybe this page (GME contact info for Partners) might be useful.

Thanks gutonc. Maybe my frustration is not allowing me to be more resourceful. I don't mean to be snarky here, but aren't program coordinators supposed to respond to inquiries? I mean I can understand being busy on a few times, but I shouldn't I be able to get a hold of them in a reasonable amount of attempts.

I guess I'm frustrated in general right now, sorry.

Thanks gutonc. Maybe my frustration is not allowing me to be more resourceful. I don't mean to be snarky here, but aren't program coordinators supposed to respond to inquiries? I mean I can understand being busy on a few times, but I shouldn't I be able to get a hold of them in a reasonable amount of attempts.

I guess I'm frustrated in general right now, sorry.

Well, I just provided you with about 25 other people you can call (including the PD). Get to work and quit whining about it.

Also, how resourceful do you have to be to Google "Name of Hospital" + "GME"?

Well, I just provided you with about 25 other people you can call (including the PD). Get to work and quit whining about it.

Also, how resourceful do you have to be to Google "Name of Hospital" + "GME"?

Well but the coordinator is the one who normally schedules this, I have already sent my information to her, and just wanted follow up like a responsible person. But it seems that every time I want to follow up, people feel it's pestering. Ugh!

Anyways, I think I will simply contact the PD, as he is the only other person who can approve this. I know the contact info of the dept., but like I said, I want to schedule something there, and usually the coordinator is the person to do it. I also try always to not step on people's toes but I guess when people don't do their job, that leaves me few options.

I just find it a huge pet peeve that coordinators don't get back and/or don't answer the phone.