What do you expect from a dermpath fellow?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nilf

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a pathology resident, and as a future dermatopathology fellow (I'm starting in 2009), I have couple of questions for dermatology residents.

1. What do you guys expect from path-trained dermatopathology fellow in the clinic? Do the dermpath fellows at your programs do procedures? How are the fellows integrated into the clinic, i.e. do they see their own patients, or do they simply shadow derm attendings?

2. Apart from the routine signouts and dermpath conferences, what can a dermpath fellow contribute? Daily gettogether with derm staff at the scope?

3. In your opinion, what, if any, are the shortcomings of path-trained dermpath fellows that you've noticed?

4. What's the most effective way to teach histology to dermatology residents?

5. What are the good books to learn CLINICAL derm? (I already own McKee, Weedon, and Rapini).

Members don't see this ad.

Allright, I'm sorta nonplussed here... 666 views and not a single response??? Is this forum really just crawling with derm-wannabe MS I-III, and there is not a single derm resident around, who has an opinion on dermatopathology service?

try it, you'll probably have more luck.