What do you guys think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maryland89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today marks the happiest and the saddest of days. Here are my scores

Va: 437/94
B:447/97
Qa:430/91
Chem:449/97
Rc: 336/6
Composite: 92

How do you think schools would view the Rc? Overall I am more than happy but if I have to retake because of that, there is no way I can repeat this. I did have an "incident" during the exam between the second writing and into Rc. I had to really use to the bathroom.... And I had a horrible stomach ache.

Members don't see this ad.

If I were you I would NOT rettake it. You did amazingly in all sections except RC, and you have an okay excuse haha. Just make sure you let the admissions people know during your interview your troubles and why you did poorly

But retaking the PCAT would not be worth it

Great job!

Oh I would not retake it. Your excellent subtest and composite scores shows a lot. It is clear that something went completely wrong in the reading which doesn't accurate reflect your ability.

I took pcat thursday. my scores where:
Verbal 18
R.C. 26
Q.A. 72
Bio 89
Chem 93

Comp 68

I volunteer year round at a YMCA in chicago, I volunteer as a summer camp teacher at salvation army every monday and tuesday from 8-1pm. I work as a sterilization assistant at an oral surgery clinic, I have been a Chemistry/Biology Supplemental Instruction leader at my school for the past two years. My current cumulative gpa is 3.68, prepharm gpa 3.74, math science gpa 3.69. I am the president of the Chemistry and physics club at purdue, I am also the VP of the Democratic club there. I have also shadowed a few pharmacist in my area.

I just want to know if my poor verbal/reading comprehension score will stop me from getting an interview at UIC. Thanks