What do you guys think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do I have a chance at dental school if I am a soph. and have already 4 w's? I got into financial situation and 3 of those W's came from a summer semester. My gpa is 3.1 right now. I have also been assisting a local dentist and have shadowd other dentists for a while now. I am a certified pharmacy technician and been doing that job also for 2 yrs at CVS. Those W's are what really bothers me. I know I could still bring my gpa up. Any input would be great.

Members don't see this ad.

PharmDr. said:
Do I have a chance at dental school if I am a soph. and have already 4 w's? I got into financial situation and 3 of those W's came from a summer semester. My gpa is 3.1 right now. I have also been assisting a local dentist and have shadowd other dentists for a while now. I am a certified pharmacy technician and been doing that job also for 2 yrs at CVS. Those W's are what really bothers me. I know I could still bring my gpa up. Any input would be great.

Keep on boosting that GPA and try not to get any more W's and I'm sure you will be fine--especially if they see an upward trend in your last couple of years. It also sounds like you will be able to give a good reason for many of your Ws so I wouldn't worry too much.

You're a pharmacy tech? so why the change to dentistry and not pharmacy school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe he/she doesn't want to count pills anymore.

I originally wanted to do pharmacy too. I changed over because I didn't want to be behind a counter all day and count pills. I wanted more interaction with patients too. The other reason is that it sucked being the middle man. People were pissed if you didn't have there pills or if insurance rejected them it was your fault. Also, didn't want to be under a firm scheduled work week. What if I wanted a week off a month from now, i wouldn't just be able to take it. Whereas dentistry I would (within reason of course). I like working with my hands also so I would get instant gratification from my work as a dentist. I have shadowed a dentist and think its a great field. Better than a drone counting pills (just kidding, hehehe)