What do you guys think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R

rahzan2

I took a practice exam with Kaplan that comes with a CD and here is my scores:

Bio 19
G-chem 18
O-chem 18
QR 19
PAT 18
F..ing Reading Comp 15

If I take the real thing what do you guys think I would get?
GPA 3.62 .. Cell bio

Members don't see this ad.

rahzan2 said:

Bio 19
G-chem 18
O-chem 18
QR 19
PAT 18
F..ing Reading Comp 15

GPA 3.62 .. Cell bio

that is a very subjective questioin. your practice scores are (slightly) above the competetive average and you would get in somewhere with those stats.

what you will get on the real thing will depend on how much more effort you put into studying for it. if you take it today your scores will probably be very similar. figure out what types of questions you got wrong, study the hell out of that material and take the exam again...this time, however, shoot for 20's.

good luck.

rahzan2 said:

Bio 19
G-chem 18
O-chem 18
QR 19
PAT 18
F..ing Reading Comp 15

GPA 3.62 .. Cell bio

I say..you're set for the sciences and QR....might want to watch out for the PAT and RC...your score might be the same for RC on the real thing and PAT might drop down a couple of pts.

rahzan2 said:

Bio 19
G-chem 18
O-chem 18
QR 19
PAT 18
F..ing Reading Comp 15

GPA 3.62 .. Cell bio

you would probably get about the same scores. but you are on the right track.

you still have a lot of time, if you are applying this May, so take a few weeks (2-4) and really focus on the material. If you do productive studying 6-8 hours a day you can pull up those scores to above 20! the better you do the less you have to worry about getting in.

good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
rahzan2 said:

Bio 19
G-chem 18
O-chem 18
QR 19
PAT 18
F..ing Reading Comp 15

GPA 3.62 .. Cell bio

I think you should be okay with the sciences and maybe the QR. But you definitely need to score higher on the RC as the real RC is slightly harder. Your PAT is defnitely weak.

miravyn said:
I think you should be okay with the sciences and maybe the QR. But you definitely need to score higher on the RC as the real RC is slightly harder. Your PAT is defnitely weak.

i wouldn't say weak...but there's more room to improve. i would focus more on strategies. For me... I'm at 19 on the PAT on topscore, I'm trying to hit over 20 before the real dat!

the pat on the actual DAT is tougher than those practice test on kaplan. if you score a 22 on kaplan's pat.. that usually equals to 19-20 on actual. this is a general consenus among most predents.

rahzan2 said:

Bio 19
G-chem 18
O-chem 18
QR 19
PAT 18
F..ing Reading Comp 15

GPA 3.62 .. Cell bio

PAT in kaplan is a joke. If you could get 18 on the PAT with the DAT achiever, then I say you are ready. In Kaplan, I was getting 24-26 on the PAT, and I ended up only with a 20 when I wrote the real thing (American DAT).

Reading comprehension is kind of low, definitely need to improve to at least 18-20 before you take the real thing.

The other sections are okay if you want around 18-20 in the real thing. I would probably aim for at least >20 on practice DATs before taking the real DAT.