What do you guys think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JeanetteYu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, I'm about to send out my secondary applications to 5 different schools tomorrow. I submitted my aadsas application 7/31 and it was sent to schools 8/31.

I applied to - Arizona, UCLA, UCSF, UOP, USC, UNLV, NYU, Columbia, BU, Tufts, Temple, UPenn

What do you think are my chances of getting into one of these schools?

Here are my stats -

SGPA 3.2
CGPA 3.3

Bio 22 :cool:
Gchem 18 :mad:
Ochem 20
PAT 21
RC 19
QR 19
AA 20
TS 20

I'm a little worried that my application isn't considered "early" anymore and my gchem score isn't all too great. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

List looks okay... problem is most of the top schools are swamped with applications right now, so that might not help things. UPenn probably won't fill their class until March as I was told when I interviewed there last month... you should have a shot there providing you have pretty good EC's. I'd say NYU is the closest thing to a sure thing as they accept a huge class given the time you submitted your app.

Okay, I'm about to send out my secondary applications to 5 different schools tomorrow. I submitted my aadsas application 7/31 and it was sent to schools 8/31.

I applied to - Arizona, UCLA, UCSF, UOP, USC, UNLV, NYU, Columbia, BU, Tufts, Temple, UPenn

Here are my stats -

SGPA 3.2
CGPA 3.3

Ochem 20
PAT 21
RC 19
QR 19
AA 20
TS 20

I'm a little worried that my application isn't considered "early" anymore and my gchem score isn't all too great. :confused:
ASDOH will keep filling their class until about March/April. Go for it. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)

Here are my stats -

SGPA 3.2
CGPA 3.3

Ochem 20
PAT 21
RC 19
QR 19
AA 20
TS 20

Send out ur secondaries now!!!!

I dont think u will have chance at UPENN, they like really high GPA, and for Columbia, they like really really high DAT. As far as other schools, go for it~

I wouldn't say you need a high GPA for UPENN, you just need to be an overall good applicant, with average or above DAT scores, average GPA and a lot of EC's, but apply and see what happens, GL.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you! Similar DAT scores, same AADSAS mailing but I only got my last LOR in last Friday so my application won't even be considered complete at the schools until next Monday I'm guessing. Good luck!

Here are my stats -

SGPA 3.2
CGPA 3.3

Ochem 20
PAT 21
RC 19
QR 19
AA 20
TS 20

i've learned from a presentation that the Gchem dat score isn't a good predictor of any sections on the board, so dont feel bad about it. as for getting in... hmm.. who knows? anything can happen. pray hard. =)

Here are my stats -

SGPA 3.2
CGPA 3.3

Ochem 20
PAT 21
RC 19
QR 19
AA 20
TS 20

you have awesome scores. don't worry at all.

Yu're gonna get owned!

JK!

Good luck. Give me a call when you're in town.