What do you guys think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

babakpharm

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My first 3 semesters i had an average gpa of 2.3, but the last 3 semesters my average gpa has been 3.67. My overall gpa has increased from a 2.3 to a 3.02 & my pcat score from oct. was 66. Will the positive trend help me and what are my chances of getting into a school. I have also worked in a pharmacy for 2.5 yrs.
 
My first 3 semesters i had an average gpa of 2.3, but the last 3 semesters my average gpa has been 3.67. My overall gpa has increased from a 2.3 to a 3.02 & my pcat score from oct. was 66. Will the positive trend help me and what are my chances of getting into a school. I have also worked in a pharmacy for 2.5 yrs.

great improvement. just keep trying if u dont get in next year and keep retaking the pcat until u get 75 or more. strive for mid 80's. goodluck
 
Raising your GPA and your experience will definitely help you out. That PCAT score is low though especially with your GPA. I agree with Pharmpills you should retake it if you don't get in. You never know you might get in without it!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My first 3 semesters i had an average gpa of 2.3, but the last 3 semesters my average gpa has been 3.67. My overall gpa has increased from a 2.3 to a 3.02 & my pcat score from oct. was 66. Will the positive trend help me and what are my chances of getting into a school. I have also worked in a pharmacy for 2.5 yrs.

Showing a positive upward trend in grades is always good, especially if the classes are also progressively getting more difficult. 👍
 
Having a upward trend is good. I had a community college transfer GPA of a whooping 2.7. Then i transfered to a 4 yr University and got straight A's. By the time I graduated I got my cumulative GPA to 3.54. So definitely try to keep up the grades from here on, and do well in the pharmacy pre-req courses and you should be good to go..