What do you guys think...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sportsplayer24

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I have a 3.2 GPA right now, I finished my freshmen year. My courses next year aren't so hard, I'm a sociology major, and I start my pre-reqs in fall 08 starting with Bio 1 and 2, then summer 09 chem 1 and 2 AT MY UNIVERSITY not CC, fall 09 organo chem 1 and 2, then summer I'm taking DAT right after organo chem while I apply in May. What do you guys think about that?
as in terms of EC work...I'll have close to 80-100hrs of shadowing done, I just recently become certified by the state of Texas as a Dental Assistant looking for a job, and research wise hopefully I'll start this semester, is volunteering work needed? If so, any recommendations for organizations etc?

And my 2nd question...

I'm currently taking Philosphy over the summer, which was a big mistake, its only the 3rd day, and this class is just soo hard to understand....now my question, will dental schools care if I make lower then a B? and I'm taking this at a community college not my university so it's not going to show up on my university transcript, but will dental schools see this? and is it going to be calculated into my overall GPA for dental school?

thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: