What Do you guys think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osimsDDS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think are my chances in getting an interview at UCLA, Penn, USCF and Columbia?? I am really worried about the 15 on QR and the 18 on RC. Do you think with the TS they will over look the 15 and 18 for these high end schools and give me an interview at least??? thanks

Perceptual Ability: 21 (93%)
Quantitative Reasoning: 15 (38.3%)
Reading Comprehension: 18 (38.1%)
Biology: 24 (98.4%)
General Chemistry: 21 (86.2%)
Organic Chemistry: 27 (98.2%)
Total Science: 23 (97.7%)
Academic Average: 21 (91%)

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone help, will the 15 QR and 18 RC kill my chances at these top schools??? thanks guys

Can anyone help, will the 15 QR and 18 RC kill my chances at these top schools??? thanks guys

Osims, aren't you supposed to be in Europe ENJOYING your victory over the infamous DAT?! Please don't let your worries ruin your vacation! I think maybe you should contact these schools directly and ask if those scores will be very detrimental. It's a shame because just a few days ago you were so very ecstatic about your score and now you're doubting yourself. You did AMAZING and don't let one slightly negative on a previous thread make you worry. From what I see on predents, you're a great applicant.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know about QR, but I believe UCLA put a huge emphasis on RC section.

Osims!! wow crazy to see you here yea I thought youd be relaxing having good time there. You should call the schools and find out caze each school is different and they'll tell you if they either have a minimum REQUIREMENT for a section or a RECOMMENDED score (if this is the case your fine caze your science will overshadow it but only if there is no cutoff) Just think for a min. so you can really enjoy this time: Only 2.3 % of the people in the country did as well as you in TS!!! Thats top notch man and Im right there with you praying TS overshadows RC and QR!!

Yeah, my dad works at UCLA and asked a fellow dental faculty member about the reading composition score that I had which was a 19. To him, he said it was a little on the low side. You can take it as a grain of salt, but of course we all know that it does not necessarily make or break anything. Good luck!

I don't know about QR, but I believe UCLA put a huge emphasis on RC section.

I'd assume that all of those schools place heavy emphasis on the RC section - hate to be blunt, but it's certainly not going to help your chances. Fact of the matter is that all of these schools receive a large amount of applications from a lot of candidates with great numbers all around, so I don't think it takes much at all for these adcoms to see one red flag in an application and decide to toss it aside since they know that there's a good chance that the next few apps they pick up will not have any red flags.

Then again, an 18 on RC is not horrible.... the 15 on the QR could be an issue, however, regardless of how much weight these schools place on this section.