Mar 5, 2013
Status
Rehab Sci Student
Any info about the program other than what's on their website/PTCAS would be helpful thanks

Aug 5, 2014
does anyone know what the total tuition is for UNC? I know this question is ridiculous but I've scoured their website and can't seem to find an actual answer.

jblil

7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2010
East Coast
@ MJ000: the link in the post above displays tuition for 2011-2012. It has gone up several times since.
I just looked at my latest bill, and the total for this Fall 2014 semester is $8,777. Tuition is $7,021, the rest is fees. So count on approx. $20k/year if you are in-state (2x $8,777, plus about $2k for summer classes). I am a DPT3 at UNC, and can vouch that it is a great program.

Reactions: MJ000

jblil

7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2010
East Coast
I forgot to add: if you are a NC resident, check out the FELS: you get $14K/year and in exchange you agree to work in NC after graduation for as many years as you got the loan for. For ex. if you got the FELS for 3 years, you need to work in NC for 3 years, at the end of which the loan is forgiven.
The FELS is available for several disciplines and not just PT.
https://www.cfnc.org/FELS

Aug 5, 2014
Jblil- Thanks so much for breaking that down! So, essentially a 60k program, right? Glad you are finding the program to be great-- anything in particular?

jblil

7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2010
East Coast
It is a very small program (30 students) so you get a lot of personal help and attention if you need it. Faculty members have a lot of experience and are extremely approachable. Most of them are PhDs in addition to being PTs. The 3rd year is mostly on-line classes so you can work part-time if you wish. It also has good connections with large hospitals and private practices for clinical rotations.

For ~$60K total for tuition, I think UNC is a very good deal. And if you get the $14K FELS for all 3 years, your out-of-pocket tuition is $18K for the entire program, provided a) tuition does not go up, b) the FELS does not get discontinued, and c) you stay and work in NC for 3 years after graduation.

Reactions: MJ000