What Do You Regret??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

12345a

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Most of us on this website seem to be pretty driven about getting into dental school but I was wondering what you guys regret doing (academically) that could jeopardize your admission to your dream school?

for me personally, I got a C in chem 1A and a B in Intro to stats in my first semester at college and I didn't take any DS prerequisites until the last semester of my sophomore year...but ever since my first semester, I've only gotten 4.0's...I hope those first semester grades don't end up screwing me down the road

Members don't see this ad.

err ur nuts if you think a few C's will hurt you. just look at the under 3.0 club thread, there are plenty of ppl that average a C and are trying to get into dental school. unless you went to an easy school you'll be fine. have you taken the dat yet? you need to kill the phuck out of the dat 22+ and you'll be golden.

I regret not double majoring. It's not just for dental school but I think I should have gotten my money's worth.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my first C the very last semester of my undergrad. Making matters worse, that grade is the very last grade on my transcript!!

In retrospect, my grades would have been a lot better if I had not hooked up with that hooker named procrastination.

Last edited:
I regret not paying enough attention and doing enough reading during organic chem I ...thus not completely getting the basics that are necessary to know whats going on in organic II...thus my C in the class lol. Also, the fact that now I am FINALLY motivated to study for the DAT 6 hours a day (instead of the 1-2 hours the past couple months), and my test is only 2 weeks away...procrastination is a killer. :(

I regret not doing enough extracurricular/volunteering to get in my first time around. I also blew off the first chem and bio classes I took, because it was 'just high school chemistry/biology' and I started off with Bs. Would've been nice to ace the easy classes instead of having to ace the harder ones!

i regret getting a B in my intro to genetics class, since i am a genetics major. you wouldnt believe the s*** that i get from my friends about this. also, i regret not taking more classes. i mean i've carried a full load all 8 semesters, but as an earlier poster stated, it wouldve been nice to get my moneys worth...or i should say, my parents moneys worth.

i regret getting a B in my intro to genetics class, since i am a genetics major. you wouldnt believe the s*** that i get from my friends about this. also, i regret not taking more classes. i mean i've carried a full load all 8 semesters, but as an earlier poster stated, it wouldve been nice to get my moneys worth...or i should say, my parents moneys worth.

I think you have done quite well for yourself! Your bound to get in to a dental school, thats all that matters :)

i regret not going to easier school for better GPA in terms of getting into dental school (although i had great experience in my college, great experience came with not getting into dental school in my first try)

I regret not having done research earlier on in my collegiate career about dental school and what it really takes to get into dental school. Perhaps I would have been more motivated to study if I had an actual goal in mind.

I regret not studying as hard as I could for the DAT. I think I could have done a lot better. I also wish I had more time to shadow but unfortunately having to work took up a lot of my time so it's not really a regret. Plus now that I'm done with undergrad I'm going to get a lot more shadowing done.

I regret not studying as hard as I could for the DAT. I think I could have done a lot better. I also wish I had more time to shadow but unfortunately having to work took up a lot of my time so it's not really a regret. Plus now that I'm done with undergrad I'm going to get a lot more shadowing done.

I don't get it...you got a 23AA, and you regret not doing better? :eek: I am aiming for a 20+ and will be absolutely thrilled if I get that.

I wish I knew then what I know now. Been saying that for a long time!

My main regret is that I didn't apply myself in high school. I wish I'd have tried hard and gotten into one of those 3 yr undergrad then straight to dental school programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Working harder at the start of my science classes with because 5 out of my first 6 science classes were B's (Gen Bio 1/2, Gen Physics 1, Gen Chem 1/2... I got an A in Physics 2 :p).

I regret not using ratemyprofessor.com more often....would've had a lot more As and an eaiser schedule while I was in undergrad.

I regret slacking off my freshman year, and starting off with a terrible GPA. I wish I knew what I did now, cz I am definitely shaping up now that I have an actual goal and plan.

I regret not going to enough football and hockey games. Also, not making it to the Fiesta bowl last year, because the Buckeye's true colors were shown.

I regret not going to enough football and hockey games. Also, not making it to the Fiesta bowl last year, because the Buckeye's true colors were shown.

i don't regret this one!
go longhorns

i regret not going out on the weekends!

I don't get it...you got a 23AA, and you regret not doing better? :eek: I am aiming for a 20+ and will be absolutely thrilled if I get that.

I only have such a high AA because I somehow got a 30 on RC. I really feel like my understanding of biology, chemistry, and math is better than a 19/20. I've been tutoring these subjects for undergraduates for two years so I just feel like I should've done better in those sections. Especially biology, since I feel like I have a really good understanding and I have a 4.0 in all my bio classes. But obviously I'm thrilled about my scores overall.

I regret not double majoring. It's not just for dental school but I think I should have gotten my money's worth.

i regret the opposite... actually double majoring. would've gotten higher sciecne gpa otherwise :oops:

I regret picking such an expensive undergrad when I had gotten a full ride to my state school.

I regret not going out much after my Freshmen year... i regret staying in to study while I was abroad.

I regret not spending more time looking at different jobs when I was 18. Not looking into/considering the dental profession as a career until I was 27. I would have done much better in undergrad with an ideal job/goal in mind.

I went through undergrad thinking that a path/direction would just hit me instead of going out and finding it.

I regret last night!? It's not me..it's you!

no but seriously...i regret joining SDN, because my life has completely been taken over...it's like facebook all over again...only it's about school...does that make me a nerd? If so, I proclaim to the world...

I am a nerd!

Last edited:
I regret last night!? It's not me..it's you!

no but seriously...i regret joining SDN, because my life has completely been taken over...it's like facebook all over again...only it's about school...does that make me a nerd? If so, I proclaim to the world...

I am a nerd!

Power to the nerds! :D

Okay, this is pretty lame, and I'm just starting my predental path now but...

I regret getting a 'B' in introduction to biology because I slacked off studying.

... In retrospect, my grades would have been a lot better if I had not hooked up with that hooker named procrastination.

:D

That hooker seems to follow me around in every corner....
Escpecially before testing time comes... :bang:

I regret not starting college until I was 23 years old. Oh, and that B- in Calc sucks. It dropped my GPA down 0.1, and since then 9 credits of 4.0 have only brought it back up 0.02. It's almost like math is conspiring against me.:laugh:

choosing to major in bioengineering...only to get killed and now trying to get into dental school with a terrible gpa, knowing that my gpa would be much much higher if i didn't start off as engineering *sigh*

I regretted my youth and boys :(