ironhill

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Do you just ask what the status of your application is?

About the Ads

TleilaxuMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2007
Status (Visible)
"Look, bitch, I just want to know if you're going to accept me or not. Damn. Get on it!"
Haha........once i read the title i was thinking at first thought "hey bitch ..." . I guess great minds...:laugh:

EMH

Hospitalist/Nocturnist Hologram
15+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2005
Arkansas
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
"Look, bitch, I just want to know if you're going to accept me or not. Damn. Get on it!"

Dang you took my answer. I would have been a little more PC and called the person lady or dude. Maybe something along the line of "What's the hold up?"

gary5

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2003
Status (Visible)
Do you just ask what the status of your application is?

Call them 3 times per day, but say you're a different person each time or ask for a different person each time. Eventually, they'll just accept you because you're so motivated. Or you can alternate between calling, emailing, texting, and visiting personally. Those count as separate.

gipper

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2002
ME
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
On a more serious note, I call and ask to see if a decision has been made on my application - they generally know what that means.

Be sure to check the admissions website to see if there are "preferred" days/times for phone calls regarding current applications (e.g. Tulane accepts calls on Tues & Thurs between 10am and 2pm CST).

Good luck.

ironhill

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
so i just called a bunch of schools and WOW some of the ppl are SOO nice and others are SOOOOOO mean! i can't believe it! do you think admissions counselors' manners (or lack there of) reflects the school?

as a side note, all i said is "hi im just wondering if i can check the status of my application" in a super sweet voice (which btw takes a lot of energy! haha)

[pj]

10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
my friend and i called the same school once.

i got a nice person, really helpful and told me everything i needed.
my friend, though, got a jerk who said they weren't allowed to give out any info.

MonkeyNuts!

Even Kal has bad days...
10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2005
"hi my name is _____ and i am an applicant in the current cycle. I was wondering about the status of my application."

yobynaes

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2006
Seattle
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
it's usually a pretty awkward conversation with LOTs of pause and waiting and hoping the other person will break the silence while your also counting seconds so there won't be too long a gap in the conversation. sort like a blind date phone call.

yobynaes

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2006
Seattle
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
it's usually a pretty awkward conversation with LOTs of pause and waiting and hoping the other person will break the silence while your also counting seconds so there won't be too long a gap in the conversation. sort like a blind date phone call w/ your dream med school's receptionist.

Falco2525

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
if you call WashU they say April 15th...stop calling a$$hole
I then proceed to hang up...cry a little...then call the bastards back

xylem29

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
if you call WashU they say April 15th...stop calling a$$hole
I then proceed to hang up...cry a little...then call the bastards back

lol - then stop calling! don't be pissing off the administration!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.