what do you say when you call for an update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ironhill

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you just ask what the status of your application is?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
"Look, bitch, I just want to know if you're going to accept me or not. Damn. Get on it!"
Haha........once i read the title i was thinking at first thought "hey bitch ..." . I guess great minds...:laugh:

"Look, bitch, I just want to know if you're going to accept me or not. Damn. Get on it!"

Dang you took my answer. I would have been a little more PC and called the person lady or dude. Maybe something along the line of "What's the hold up?"

Do you just ask what the status of your application is?

Call them 3 times per day, but say you're a different person each time or ask for a different person each time. Eventually, they'll just accept you because you're so motivated. Or you can alternate between calling, emailing, texting, and visiting personally. Those count as separate.

On a more serious note, I call and ask to see if a decision has been made on my application - they generally know what that means.

Be sure to check the admissions website to see if there are "preferred" days/times for phone calls regarding current applications (e.g. Tulane accepts calls on Tues & Thurs between 10am and 2pm CST).

Good luck.

so i just called a bunch of schools and WOW some of the ppl are SOO nice and others are SOOOOOO mean! i can't believe it! do you think admissions counselors' manners (or lack there of) reflects the school?

as a side note, all i said is "hi im just wondering if i can check the status of my application" in a super sweet voice (which btw takes a lot of energy! haha)

my friend and i called the same school once.

i got a nice person, really helpful and told me everything i needed.
my friend, though, got a jerk who said they weren't allowed to give out any info.

"hi my name is _____ and i am an applicant in the current cycle. I was wondering about the status of my application."

it's usually a pretty awkward conversation with LOTs of pause and waiting and hoping the other person will break the silence while your also counting seconds so there won't be too long a gap in the conversation. sort like a blind date phone call.

it's usually a pretty awkward conversation with LOTs of pause and waiting and hoping the other person will break the silence while your also counting seconds so there won't be too long a gap in the conversation. sort like a blind date phone call w/ your dream med school's receptionist.

if you call WashU they say April 15th...stop calling a$$hole
I then proceed to hang up...cry a little...then call the bastards back

if you call WashU they say April 15th...stop calling a$$hole
I then proceed to hang up...cry a little...then call the bastards back

lol - then stop calling! don't be pissing off the administration!