What do you think about this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ncguy2005

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, it's the end of my biology II class, and we're approaching the final exam time. I'm a little annoyed at what has happened this semester though, usually I don't complain about things like this but it's a little overwhelming.

Our bio professor got behind in material earlier in the semester, and so to get caught up the past 2-3 weeks he's been cramming as much as he can into this last test. So far, we're up to about 9 chapters that we're going to have to read, because his notes usually have nothing to do with his test questions. I feel sick every time I think that I have over 200 pages to read for biology on top of a final in chemistry and classes in my major...

Maybe I'm just burnt out from all the work I've had to do this semester...I can't wait until summer. Anyone else going through, or gone through anything like this?

I have to go read..

Members don't see this ad.

Well, it's the end of my biology II class, and we're approaching the final exam time. I'm a little annoyed at what has happened this semester though, usually I don't complain about things like this but it's a little overwhelming.

Our bio professor got behind in material earlier in the semester, and so to get caught up the past 2-3 weeks he's been cramming as much as he can into this last test. So far, we're up to about 9 chapters that we're going to have to read, because his notes usually have nothing to do with his test questions. I feel sick every time I think that I have over 200 pages to read for biology on top of a final in chemistry and classes in my major...

Maybe I'm just burnt out from all the work I've had to do this semester...I can't wait until summer. Anyone else going through, or gone through anything like this?

I have to go read..

Sounds like you are getting a small taste of what med school is like every week. Welcome to what life is like for folks at the next step.

Sounds like you are getting a small taste of what med school is like every week. Welcome to what life is like for folks at the next step.

Yea, I was thinking that as I was walking to our school's library today. I'm trying to be as positive as I can and I'm turning this into a challenge to see if I really can pull this off with an A, I need an 88 on this exam to get an A in the class, which usually wouldn't be that hard, but with so much material there is no telling what he's going to ask.

Members don't see this ad :)

I don't know that I've been in a class where this hasn't happened.

Yeah, I'd offer the OP my sympathies but I need to read through two weeks worth of material the size of a phone book for Monday's renal exam.

I finished 4 of the 8 chapters so far... I have two days to teach myself gas exchange, nutrition, and something else...

Just thought I'd give an update.

I have to go read..

Dude, for my first bio class (zoology), we had 20 chapters on the FIRST exam. So in the end we had about 40 on the final. So think about that perspective. Somebody's always got it worse. :smuggrin:

Wow...I would've died. I can't wait until I get through with this stuff...it wouldn't be so bad if it went in depth more, but general bio is so broad it's like one day your learning the differences in plant tissues and then the next your learning about cellular respiration...ok maybe not that dramatic, but still...