What do you think is the best college for Radiology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Radiologist

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know I've heard a lot about Harvard University but would it have that program and how good would it be? Or are there other colleges out there that make Harvard seem like a pre-school for Radiology courses?
 
Radiologist said:
I know I've heard a lot about Harvard University but would it have that program and how good would it be? Or are there other colleges out there that make Harvard seem like a pre-school for Radiology courses?

There are no "radiology" programs in college. I think you are mistaking it for "radiology technologist" programs. "Radiology" programs are five year-residencies for doctors who have finished medical school (four years' college plus four years of medical school). The majority of "radiology technologist" programs are two-year programs following high school. Some are hospital-based programs which give you a certificate, while others are associate degree programs in a college (often community college). Very few programs are four year programs.

Harvard and the majority of other top universities do not have radiology technologist programs. Don't ask me why, but top universities are reluctant to have what they consider to be vocational training programs.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Radiologist said:
I know I've heard a lot about Harvard University but would it have that program and how good would it be? Or are there other colleges out there that make Harvard seem like a pre-school for Radiology courses?

Start by changing your avatar
 
I don't know what is wrong with you guys, but I majored in Radiology when I was at Harvard. I just didn't like all of the humanities classes that were required.