What do you think of my study materials?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheSouthFace

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am retaking on 6/13.

Throughout this past semester I have allocated my extra time 100% to review. I especially went back to intro bio and gchem, brushing up on important concepts, etc. Within these past few weeks I have started to dive into practice problems and I just don't feel that intangible 'MCAT style' with some of the material. I would like to know your opinion on what practice problems were most similar to your actual exam for each section.

With a little under a month left to prepare, these are the problem-based materials I have:

-AAMC 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 (most obvious)
-AAMC Self assessment: Plan to purchase (another obvious)
-TPR Science workbook
-EK 1001 Chemistry
-EK 1001 Physics
-EK 1001 Biology (not impressed)
-EK 101 Verbal passages (my go-to)
-Kaplan Biology
-Kaplan Chemistry
-Kaplan Physics
-Kaplan Ochem
-AAMC "R" Exams 7, 8, 9, 10, 11. (After taking the online version, I have been going back to these old written exams I have and testing myself on the questions that weren't on the online version)

Basically, from your experience (AAMCs aside) are there any materials that I can completely omit for a particular topic just because of inconsistency? As you can understand, time is valuable and I would like to be spending it in the best way possible.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I just wanted to say that EK is good for content review but I think you should invest in TBR. Their questions are amazing and I highly recommend it. Kaplan is good for biology but their other stuff if calculation based and who knows if you'll have a calc heavy test.

You can omit EK 1001 bio. Also omit the other 1001 if you do not feel they are actually helping. I would only go to the 1001 if you feel you are weak on a particular subject or on math. Other than that, for me, they were a waste of time and I stopped doing them less than half way through my MCAT studying.

TBR is amazing in terms of practice passages. Invest in the books, if your short on time or money (it's hard to order TBR books , most on ebay/amazon are expensive) then go for Princeton hyper learning and the science workbook. Also invest in kaplan practice exams since they are the second best practice exams after official ones. Let me know if you want any kaplan practice exams, I can probably attach them to you in a PM if allowed.