What do you think of these programs as a DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Chibucks15

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just a lowly second year but liking neuro so I began looking at some residencies. I'm at one of the original DO schools in the midwest. I'm starting boards and all that now and I know if I kill it there will be more doors open to me, but I was just curious about the relative openness of certain neuro programs in the midwest.

I have a couple research things ongoing, a poster, and a publication submitted. Middle of the class somewhere with a 3.5 (obnoxious). Hopefully I can hit 230-240 on boards, I know that overall neuro is decently-DO friendly, but just to kinda get myself in the mindset of what I have available. Thanks in advance!


UW-Madison
University of Iowa
Mayo
Minnesota
MCW-Affiliated

Loyola
UIC
Rush
MSU

Any and all advice is hugely appreciated, I literally just cannot tell what I'm even looking at when it comes to some of these things haha just want the best option I can get realistically, and itll help me save some money next year. Obviously things change depending on my board score, but I feel pretty confident I can at least hit 230. Well see
 
I don't know much about any of those programs.

Mayo Fl is pretty DO friendly, though. Several in faculty and in residency.