What do you think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carnitine

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm applying to US MD/DO schools and four Irish schools. Check out my stats and tell me what you think:

Undergrad gpa 3.2
science gpa 3.7
graduate gpa 3.7
MCAT 20P
Doctor of Chiropractic

I've been in private practice for almost three years as a chiropractic physician and I'm going back to medical school. It's a long story but basically my scope of practice isn't what I want it to be.
In school I did three months of intense hospital rotations with medical students in Houston in a variety of disciplines.
I'm hoping the admissions committee's will look at my four-year doctorate degree, experience with patients for three years, rotations and all of the science classes I've taken. For instance I dissected a human cadaver from head to toe in chiropractic school etc.

Thanks for your input and I look forward to meeting you if I end up in Ireland.

Members don't see this ad.

That's very good experience you have there (MCAT is a bit low though)...I believe there have been a few others that have had a number of years in a different health profession before wanting to study med and going to Ireland...check older posts...

Good luck!