What do you think..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which is better

• C, repeated with A

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • W, repeatd with A

Votes: 28 71.8%

• Total voters

cystapharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want your opinions!! :)

Which scenario do you think will be better for the adcomm. Obviouly the latter is better on the GPA but this is referring to the adcomms opinion of an applicant. Don't be bias on this if you yourself have gotten many Cs! (since I've read up many C posts in the past) Be true to your answer.

Members don't see this ad.

W, repeated with A is definitely better. At least it doesn't hurt your GPA like a C would.

I would say a W then repeating the course to get a A in it. Because dropping the course, but recognizing that you need to work very hard is better than looking like you tried and you just settled for a C. In some classes, getting a C (especially in organic) it could look like you just wanted to get out of the class and just settled for a C, rather than retaking the course and doing your best throughout the entire semester. I withdrew from the first organic and came back to get an A in the first and second one. So trying your hardest and getting above average just shows how dedicated and hardworking you are.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's not only about your GPA. There could be many reasons why you withdrew from the course but only one reason why you got a C: you did not work hard enough in that class. I know its true for me. I have never withdrew from a course even when I knew I had taken on more than I could handle, I stuck with the course and I curse myself for it everyday. :D

I can understand everyone's vote for the W but people on AdComs aren't idiots. Most likely they're already assuming you took the W for grades even though it could have been for other reasons. The C followed by an A shows great improvement...which is always a plus. During an interview or even in a personal statement you can always say how you matured, learned how to study better, worked harder, etc. Taking a withdrawl is more like giving up...either way though if you follow it with an A you should be ok assuming everything else on your application is competitive.

You can only use that excuse if you don't get anymore C's after that. As for me, I got both C's and W's and I'm not too worried about it.