What do you think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laugh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anatomy and Physiology A
Animal Physiology A
Developemental Anatomy A
Physics I A
Physics II A
Bio Internship A
Genetics A
Biochemistry B+
Animal Physiology Lab B
Organic Evolution B
HIV/AIDS B
Biology I B
Biology II B
Cell Biology B-
Microbiology C
Microbiology Lab C
Gen Chem I C/B
Gen Chem II C/B
Ochem I C/B+
Ochem II B/B
These are my science grades? Are they horrible? Decent? Average? How would the admissions committe view them? Any idea?

Members don't see this ad.

Why are you asking us? Ask your adviser or admissions people if you can get a hold of them. I think you will be fine especially since you have strong grades in the upper level courses.

hes just asking for a opinion blankguy... chill out dude.
I think you have pretty good grades man... specially in the upper classes
whats your overall GPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Frederico Albin. About a 3.35 GPA. I have asked my advisor. According to my advisor, my science grades are "OK". The only reason I want everyone's opinion is maybe some have similiar grades that can offer advice. Perhaps some may have gotten into dental school with grades similiar to mine, or have not. I have a handful of C's in my science classes which might hold me back. Just thought I would ask everyone's opinion. Thanks.

IamJetLi- Have you already applied to dental school? Been accepted? How much better are my grades than yours? Do you have C's too? What classes?

Thanks Frederico Albin. About a 3.35 GPA. I have asked my advisor. According to my advisor, my science grades are "OK". The only reason I want everyone's opinion is maybe some have similiar grades that can offer advice. Perhaps some may have gotten into dental school with grades similiar to mine, or have not. I have a handful of C's in my science classes which might hold me back. Just thought I would ask everyone's opinion. Thanks.

Your grades are fine.

If this makes you feel any better:

My GPA for the intro courses was ~ a D. My GPA for the upper level science courses, was above an A.
I have two interviews. For my lack of consistency, I'm paying the price. Your scores are more consistent, and you'll reap the rewards.

Your grades are very good. A quick scan shows that chemistry is perhaps a weaker area of yours. Do you think this is the case? I'd advise you to spend extra time on the OChem and GChem sections of the DAT to make sure you do well in those and perhaps compensate for the subtly lower grades. Your A&P grades are excellent and they are important because they certainly show that you can handle the challenging material.

Do well on your exam, apply to the right schools and you will be in; no worries. :)

Honestly, your grades are not great but not bad either. My advice is to do well on you DAT and you will be fine.

Other than the C's, your grades seem to be consistently in the middle-upper range. A strong science background can only help you on the DAT. I would take a few non-science classes (English is required at many schools).

I swear if I see another thread like this I'm gonna have a cow.

+pity+oh noooo, I have a C in this or a B in that...will a 3.97 keep me out of dental school....+pity+

yes, the are as you mention "horrible"! happy? well f***ing duh! no they are not!...:beat::beat:

ahh...that felt kinda good..

laundry- Don't get me confused with others that complain they got an A- and are scared they won't get into dental school? I have 5 C's in my science courses, and my science GPA is maybe around a 3.2, not a 3.97 as you indicated. Yes, my school offers a HIV/AIDS class (Bio 315). I hope you don't "have a cow" when reading this post. Just out of curiosity, if you were have have a cow, where would it come out?

These are GOOD GRADES! Don't worry. You'll be fine. :laugh:

Thanks slutskya. I thought I read somehere on some thread that you are a RDH. Is that true? Obviously that looks VERY good on your application. I was a dental assistant for a year and worked at a crown and bridge dental lab for two years. How much of a boost would this give me when applying? Any idea?