What do you think

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tifftaff81

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am trying to figure out how I am going to be able to take all the pre-reqs, work and get some research under my belt. I have found a part-time job which I am hoping to interview with soon. It is a RN position with a pharmaceutical research company. They have participants at the location that I would be monitoring their progress during the research. The job title is RN clinical research assistant. I want to work there maybe 2-4 hours a week, go to school and work my 3 12 hours shifts on the weekend. Do you think this holds any weight in the research category of applying???

I am going to start volunteering mentoring, reading with kids at the elementary school. This is through the county. Because I am an RN, I wanted to go a different route. I thought it would be nice too since I had difficulty reading as a child and needed extra help. Do you think this is a good volunteer opportunity??
 
I am trying to figure out how I am going to be able to take all the pre-reqs, work and get some research under my belt. I have found a part-time job which I am hoping to interview with soon. It is a RN position with a pharmaceutical research company. They have participants at the location that I would be monitoring their progress during the research. The job title is RN clinical research assistant. I want to work there maybe 2-4 hours a week, go to school and work my 3 12 hours shifts on the weekend. Do you think this holds any weight in the research category of applying???

I am going to start volunteering mentoring, reading with kids at the elementary school. This is through the county. Because I am an RN, I wanted to go a different route. I thought it would be nice too since I had difficulty reading as a child and needed extra help. Do you think this is a good volunteer opportunity??

Anybody have any advice on the above??
Also another question, someone mentioned clinical volunteering. As a RN do I need clinical volunteering or can I do something different? I don't want to appear so heavily stacked clinically. I want to broaden my horizons and do something different anyhow.