What do you think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kiahs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering does a 3.5 to a 3.4 science GPA really make a significant difference. Is there no hope with a 3.4. I'm only asking because that's what I've heard and I though it sounded pretty similar. What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

Plenty of hope with a 3.4, come on now. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by kiahs
Is there no hope with a 3.4. I'm only asking because that's what I've heard and I though it sounded pretty similar. What do you think?

Are you crajy? By your measure, my 3.01 BCMP would have banished me to a life washing beakers rather than med school bound?!

Whats up with all these posts today about being "screwed" despite decent stats?

First we have someone with a 3.5 and a 37MCAT wondering if its terrible because she had a couple bad quarters, then someone asking if there is no hope with a 3.4 science!!? Comon now!

sorry exmike
but I am a foreign stduent so that is a different case compare to this OP

ALso, i saw your stats/info. It seems that you have a master's degree from JHU or something. So that is a big plus and that 3.01 BCPM seems nothing at all ( I think)

my 3.4 overall
and 3.1 bcpm

not the best of the best...
but i got in...

(also important to note that regardless of grades you need solid ECs and decent mcats and a sense of balance ;))

3.5--you're in.

3.4--there is no hope. Find another career path.

:D

Originally posted by exmike
Are you crajy? By your measure, my 3.01 BCMP would have banished me to a life washing beakers rather than med school bound?!

Whats up with all these posts today about being "screwed" despite decent stats?

First we have someone with a 3.5 and a 37MCAT wondering if its terrible because she had a couple bad quarters, then someone asking if there is no hope with a 3.4 science!!? Comon now!

Yeah seriously people. I have an abysmal GPA (I can comiserate with exmike here) AND I'm outta-state outta-country outta-luck etc. etc. and I think I have a chance.

Originally posted by KarateGirl
3.5--you're in.

3.4--there is no hope. Find another career path.

:D

shhh dont tell msu that....i think they might have overlooked that :cool: