what does a clinical pharmacist job actually consist of?

Started by druggeek
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

druggeek

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What sort of patient interaction? Difficulty of everyday tasks? What sort of everyday tasks? I've never quite gotten the full idea of this career.

And how does this compare to other hospital pharmacists?
 
Please, please use the search function next time. This question has been asked so many times on here before (even recently). I am sure that you would be able to find responses in previous threads. Some members have even given very detailed responses as to what they do. Please use the search function.🙂
 
What sort of patient interaction? Difficulty of everyday tasks? What sort of everyday tasks? I've never quite gotten the full idea of this career.

And how does this compare to other hospital pharmacists?

The clinical pharmacist is the Mack Daddy, or wait, Daddy Mack. I can't remember which one now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"clinical pharmacy" varies so greatly from one place to another. at one institution the definition can be just staffing. at another it can have zero staffing but doing a lot of paperwork and chart reviews.