What does a PharmD need in order to teach?

Started by njrph007
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

njrph007

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of us who have a PharmD, do we need a teaching degree to teach? I'm not talking about university classes, but more like county colleges that hold pharmacy technician courses.
Any ideas?
 
Most of the pharm tech instructors in my area are just certified techs. The position does not pay very well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My high school offered a pharmacy tech class to seniors only taught by a paramedic so I'm sure a PharmD is enough.
 
I'm fairly certain the Pharm Tech instructors at my local CCs are all adjunct professors, and they make in the <$20/hr range. Not worth it considering the tuition they rake in for those programs