What does BPM stand for?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nutmeg

Green globule
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
THe other day a I was walking across campus (after taking the LAST FINAL EXAM OF MY 240 SEMESTER UNIT UNDEGRADUATE CAREER!!!! :D :hardy: :horns: :hardy: :D ) and I saw a guy wearing a shirt that said BPM in the IBM logo design. Now, I've met BerkeleyPremed before, and this wasn't him, so what's the deal? Does BPM have a fan club on campus, or can somebody tell me for what else BPM might stand?

Members don't see this ad.

WHAT?!!? You met BPM? I was supposed to go to Cal this weekend, but I got into an argument with my mom. :(

hamhamfan said:
WHAT?!!? You met BPM? I was supposed to go to Cal this weekend, but I got into an argument with my mom. :(
I was going to loan him my Wade O-chem book to study for the MCAT, but he declined it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Beats per minute? Maybe he was a musician...

Shame...I think Wade's O-Chem is a great text. Not too in-depth as far a mechanisms go, but neither was the MCAT :thumbup:

I use BPM (beats per minute) to document Pt pulse rate on our ems run forms.

I've seen those shirts around as well. BPM = Beats per Minute as someone else above mentioned. It's a DJ'ing term.

BPM = beats per minute. This is relevant in the sense of DJing and writing electronic music as the BPM controls the tempo of the samples you are using. Most dance music follows a set thematic BPM chart depending on the type of dancing you want people to do when listening to your tracks.

This coming from a musician :)

-Richie :thumbup:

Could it be a frat shirt?

Beta Phi Mu
Beta Pi Mu

Just a guess ... although I think the business performance management one is a better explanation.