What does ERAS actually do when they 'process' LOR after being uploaded?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nabin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to know whether ERAS has the right to read our LORs. Is their 'processing' of the LOR related to just administrative task to organize the document in their system? Does anyone else have access to the LOR if it has not been assigned to programs?

Members don't see this ad.

They review the letter to ensure it's authenticity. They make sure it meets their minimum standards -- usually on letterhead, and signed by the author, etc. They can of course look at the content of the letter also. If there's any question of authenticity, I expect they have the right to check with the author but I don't know of a single event of that happening.

Reactions: 1 users
They review the letter to ensure it's authenticity. They make sure it meets their minimum standards -- usually on letterhead, and signed by the author, etc. They can of course look at the content of the letter also. If there's any question of authenticity, I expect they have the right to check with the author but I don't know of a single event of that happening.

Thanks. That clears things up.