1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What does high alternate list mean?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ASU-devil, Dec 4, 2005.

1. ASU-devil

ASU-devil Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    When I called Nova they said that they have 2 lists, an alternate and a high alternate list. Su-Ann said I was on the high alternate list, what does this mean? Nova is my top choice and I'm hoping to get in there but I wonder how deep into the list they go. I had hoped that the 1st would bring good news but instead just sadness.

2. ARguy

ARguy Member
    10+ Year Member

Don't worry plenty of people got accepted there that won't be attending. I for one am not going to attend Nova after receiving an acceptance because it was a back up school for me. I'll tell them next week and then you'll move closer to your acceptance. :) Good luck

3. ASU-devil

ASU-devil Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    thanks a lot. I wish I could find out where I stand on the list.

4. coolraz

coolraz Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    They can add one more person in off the high alternate list since i wont be attending either. Dont worry, i'm sure many more people will decline the acceptance and you should be fine. Good luck!

5. ASU-devil

ASU-devil Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    keep em comin guys. I plan to withdraw my application at all the schools once I get tke OK from Nova, it would be appreciated if everyone would do the same.

6. kshah13

kshah13 Member
    5+ Year Member

What number did you call to get a hold of Su-Ann. I've tried calling her but got someone else on the phone last thursday and they wouldn't tell me anything over the phone.

7. ASU-devil

ASU-devil Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I called the main # and they put me through to her. I had been trying to get a hold of her for 2 weeks though. From what I understand that was uncommon to get my standing over the phone.

8. kshah13

kshah13 Member
    5+ Year Member

So did she say that you'll be getting a letter in the mail indicating that stutus? I wonder if they let people know about the list or not

9. ASU-devil

ASU-devil Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    no she said that she couldn't give away anything other than that info she gave me. No info as to where I was located on the list would be given.