What does high alternate list mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ASU-devil

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I called Nova they said that they have 2 lists, an alternate and a high alternate list. Su-Ann said I was on the high alternate list, what does this mean? Nova is my top choice and I'm hoping to get in there but I wonder how deep into the list they go. I had hoped that the 1st would bring good news but instead just sadness.

Members don't see this ad.

ASU-devil said:
When I called Nova they said that they have 2 lists, an alternate and a high alternate list. Su-Ann said I was on the high alternate list, what does this mean? Nova is my top choice and I'm hoping to get in there but I wonder how deep into the list they go. I had hoped that the 1st would bring good news but instead just sadness.

Don't worry plenty of people got accepted there that won't be attending. I for one am not going to attend Nova after receiving an acceptance because it was a back up school for me. I'll tell them next week and then you'll move closer to your acceptance. :) Good luck

ARguy said:
Don't worry plenty of people got accepted there that won't be attending. I for one am not going to attend Nova after receiving an acceptance because it was a back up school for me. I'll tell them next week and then you'll move closer to your acceptance. :) Good luck
thanks a lot. I wish I could find out where I stand on the list.

Members don't see this ad :)
They can add one more person in off the high alternate list since i wont be attending either. Dont worry, i'm sure many more people will decline the acceptance and you should be fine. Good luck!

keep em comin guys. I plan to withdraw my application at all the schools once I get tke OK from Nova, it would be appreciated if everyone would do the same.

What number did you call to get a hold of Su-Ann. I've tried calling her but got someone else on the phone last thursday and they wouldn't tell me anything over the phone.
ASU-devil said:
keep em comin guys. I plan to withdraw my application at all the schools once I get tke OK from Nova, it would be appreciated if everyone would do the same.

kshah13 said:
What number did you call to get a hold of Su-Ann. I've tried calling her but got someone else on the phone last thursday and they wouldn't tell me anything over the phone.
I called the main # and they put me through to her. I had been trying to get a hold of her for 2 weeks though. From what I understand that was uncommon to get my standing over the phone.

So did she say that you'll be getting a letter in the mail indicating that stutus? I wonder if they let people know about the list or not
ASU-devil said:
I called the main # and they put me through to her. I had been trying to get a hold of her for 2 weeks though. From what I understand that was uncommon to get my standing over the phone.

kshah13 said:
So did she say that you'll be getting a letter in the mail indicating that stutus? I wonder if they let people know about the list or not
no she said that she couldn't give away anything other than that info she gave me. No info as to where I was located on the list would be given.