What does it mean if school doesn't reply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TAI786

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that means they are so uninterested that they've forgotten who I am and/or thrown the file in the trash! :) I applied to around 9 DO Schools, out of that 4 invited me for interviews and 1 outright rejected me. So 4 of them haven't had the decency to even contact me after cashing the check with the secondary app. Do some schools just run really slow or is the lack of response meant to indicate you're no longer a candidate?

Members don't see this ad.

TAI786 said:
I'm guessing that means they are so uninterested that they've forgotten who I am and/or thrown the file in the trash! :) I applied to around 9 DO Schools, out of that 4 invited me for interviews and 1 outright rejected me. So 4 of them haven't had the decency to even contact me after cashing the check with the secondary app. Do some schools just run really slow or is the lack of response meant to indicate you're no longer a candidate?

could be either.....most will let you know one way or another.

I heard from all the schools I applied to by the end of the application cycle....this was MD and DO. Keep the faith and if your really paranoid give them a call to make sure your file is complete.

I think some schools are just slow. I've been accepted to some schools while I haven't heard anything since August from some schools.

Don't hesitate to call the school and ask about 'the status of your application'. I've done that whenever it felt like the amount of time I spent waiting was getting lengthy. In one case, the adcom member of one school was busy with 'extra clinical responsibilities', hence the wait. Its completely acceptable to call and find out. Sometimes things go wrong, sometimes it has nothing to do with your app, at any rate it feels so much better to know whats going on. Good luck.