what does that mean?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuddlyKumquat

simply scrumpcious
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I called a few schools due to a problem with my recommendation letters to check if they have received it all.

I called AECOM...and this was the conversation:

AECOM: Hello?
Me: I need to check...blah blah blah
AECOM: Ok, let me get your information. Oh. Ohh. Ok, well, you are complete. ...*pause*... But you might not hear from us until January. Ok?

Me: Um. ok.

AECOM: Ok. Bye.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :mad:
I hope this doesn't mean I've been passed over.

Members don't see this ad.

January is when they send out their first set of decisions :(

tigress said:
January is when they send out their first set of decisions :(

Oh great. :( +pissed+

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe it just means that they want you to know that some people may not hear until then and not to worry anymore and bug and call them. It might not be you. It might be their standard comment.

Embily123 said:
Maybe it just means that they want you to know that some people may not hear until then and not to worry anymore and bug and call them. It might not be you. It might be their standard comment.

No, they actually checked my file. So. *sadness*

CuddlyKumquat said:
No, they actually checked my file. So. *sadness*

If it makes you feel any better, they gave me a weird response when I asked about my file, and then invited me for an interview a couple weeks later. Maybe they're having some fun with us?

Geez, it's like trying to decipher codes from the opposite sex.

Boy: So, I'll call you.
Me: When?
Boy: Uh...some time in January, okay?

anystream said:
If it makes you feel any better, they gave me a weird response when I asked about my file, and then invited me for an interview a couple weeks later. Maybe they're having some fun with us?

yeah keep in mind, they dont know half the time what they're talking about. I doubt they would tell you something like that too. Most receptionists wont hint anyhting except something positive. Schools usually do a first wave of interviews and then do a relook over the applicants passed over and new applicants so even if you don't get into the first wave, you still stand a very good chance of getting in. Keep your head up and try to enjoy the nice weather. Get out and away from SDN.