What does the LOR look like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wantVCUdental

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just curious what it looks like, do references just gotta upload a letter or is there like a chart where they have to check off like... communications excellent, professionalism-excellent like back in undergrad applications?

Members don't see this ad.

Great question. I'm curious what our references need to do as far as letters of recommendation. Thanks so much for any advice or information!

Certain schools provide evaluation sheets. LSU and Louisville are examples. Letters can be sent as individuals are composed into one. When composed into one, your healthcare advisor will take exerpts and quotes from all your references and make one complete reference letter. I was able to glance at mine during an interview, just to see how it was organized (I just snuck a peek). If your advisor knows you well, they try and use the reference letter to paint a picture of who they think you are as a student and person. So they reference the other letters when writing about you.
Of course, not all letters are done this way. Just an example