What does this mean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BRZ24

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how long my scores are valid for. I took the DAT yesterday but I am applying next year for the 2014 cycle. So if a school says

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]What is the oldest DAT scores you accept?[/SIZE].
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]3 years prior to the admissions cycle. [/SIZE].

does this mean I can still apply in 2014 and 2015 for the 2015 and 2016 cycle respectively without retaking the DAT?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

there is a good amount of schools that only take DATs from 2 years ago (Louisville, UCSF, BU etc.), and UOP starts counting in September (so 9/2010 is the oldest they'll take for this cycle), so you should look it up for all the schools you plan to apply to since no one is going to stop you from sending your money, but will then tell you you need to retake your DAT because it's too old.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep.. DAT scores are valid for 3 years.

ohh. so when they say 3 years. That is 3 years prior to the time you are applying correct? NOT by the time you matriculate? wtfff im confused LOL

ohh. so when they say 3 years. That is 3 years prior to the time you are applying correct? NOT by the time you matriculate? wtfff im confused LOL

Not 100% sure actually about this. But I wouldn't worry about it too much..You wouldn't apply 3 times with the same DAT score right? I think that when it says its valid for 3 years.. you would be able to use it for 3 cycles assuming your application is in before the date you took the DAT. So for example my DAT was on 8/8 if my app was submitted and dat scores recieved before that date my third time applying I think you would be fine. But if your DAT isn't in before that date.. might have some troubles. (same rules go for 2 year schools but take off a year)

The third year is a little hazy to me. But like I said if you dont get in twice, chances are you are retaking the DAT to try to make your app stronger. Just worry about next cycle.