What does "was early decision" mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foodishgood

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I applied early decision this year that means Pharmcas would not allow me to add any other destination and the Pharmacy designation would label it as "early decision".

Today I checked and it's labeled "was early decision"; I was also able to add more Pharmacy schools. What does the extra word "was"mean? I can help but jumping to conclusions that I am rejected from the school. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I believe early decision offers had to be made by Oct 19, I THINK I read that somewhere on this site...correct me if I'm wrong. Since you weren't offered/accepted early admission to that particular school, you were probably deferred for regular admission to that school. Doesn't necessarily mean you were rejected.

I believe early decision offers had to be made by Oct 19, I THINK I read that somewhere on this site...correct me if I'm wrong. Since you weren't offered/accepted early admission to that particular school, you were probably deferred for regular admission to that school. Doesn't necessarily mean you were rejected.

Thanks AlexSC!

Members don't see this ad :)
Gunna resurrect this thread.
got this change on my pharmCAS application today.

Few months before oct 19.
my transcripts were processed a day after my schools deadline so I wasn't expecting to get considered.

Does anyone who did early decision have this update? If not I know I should start applying to other schools.
Thanks.

If your transcripts arrive at Pharmcas office by ED deadline, u are consider for ED. If your materials arrive to pharmcas office after ED deadline, your status will be automatically changed to regular decision.

Gunna resurrect this thread.
got this change on my pharmCAS application today.

Few months before oct 19.
my transcripts were processed a day after my schools deadline so I wasn't expecting to get considered.

Does anyone who did early decision have this update? If not I know I should start applying to other schools.
Thanks.
Where does it say this?

Did u have your transcript arrive after sept 2?

arrived a week before sep 2nd but they waited two weeks to attach it to my account and when they did they didnt bother with the delivery date.
pharmcas app says it was delivered nearly 3 weeks after I requested it from my school.

anyways I called pharmCAS and some guy named Dave just wanted to tell me that I could apply to other $chools now. After about 10 min of going back and forth and rewording the question, Do I have to/ can I reapply to my early decision school as a normal applicant... he told me that's what I had done....?
So... not really a decisive answer from Dave but Ill bother the school tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies.

Reactions: 1 user
My transcript arrived before sept 2 also. I called them many times, they said it will be postest soon. Gues what? Today i called them and they finnaly said that my transcript get lost somewhere in the office now. Oh my god! Such a nightmare for me!

Update.
Just got an interview request from UW even though my transcripts were processed late.

Maybe this is a loop hole... Because my interview would be next week (early decision still?), however I can still apply to other schools through PharmCAS.

Anyways, Going to wait till I hear back to start applying to other schools just in case im not supposed to.

Go
Update.
Just got an interview request from UW even though my transcripts were processed late.

Maybe this is a loop hole... Because my interview would be next week (early decision still?), however I can still apply to other schools through PharmCAS.

Anyways, Going to wait till I hear back to start applying to other schools just in case im not supposed to.
Good luck on your interview
Maybe the school has rolling admission.

Update.

Happened to me too actually, got the WAS ED, then the school invited me anyways. Plus, I'm interviewing tomorrow at a different school because the original school realizes that I spent money on it.