You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
What drugs do Pharmacist dispense the most?
Started by helpfuldoc2b
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hydrocodone. BY FAR. Then oxycodone. Then Lipitor.
SSRIs: yeah kinda
Viagra: not that much, however many of my pts are on medicare/medicaid
Diabetes/Cholesterol/Heart Management: moreso than the above 2 combined. metformin, hctz, lipitor, metoprolol...the list goes on and on and on
You also forgot everyone's favorite, benzodiazepines and painkillers...tylenol #3, vicodin, percocets, oxycodone products, etc. Thousands and thousands of percocets...
Viagra: not that much, however many of my pts are on medicare/medicaid
Diabetes/Cholesterol/Heart Management: moreso than the above 2 combined. metformin, hctz, lipitor, metoprolol...the list goes on and on and on
You also forgot everyone's favorite, benzodiazepines and painkillers...tylenol #3, vicodin, percocets, oxycodone products, etc. Thousands and thousands of percocets...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just curious what drugs seem to be dispensed the most at pharmacies, I would think SSRIs, Viagra and its relatives, Diabetes/Cholesterol/Heart Management drugs. Anyone?
Generic Vicodin is always #1 on out weekly reports!
I must live in a different place.....hctz, amox, furosemide, lipitor, norvasc - if you are looking at #'s of rxs/unit of time (day, week, month) & even #'s of units/time.
My narcotics are lower on the list & probably approximate all the ssri/srni's. Rare percocet (approx 1/mo) more oxycontin, fentanyl, ms & methadone (I'm close to 2 pain management clinics & a provider for a hospice so my mix is different.
My narcotics are lower on the list & probably approximate all the ssri/srni's. Rare percocet (approx 1/mo) more oxycontin, fentanyl, ms & methadone (I'm close to 2 pain management clinics & a provider for a hospice so my mix is different.
Blue Watsons, Blue Watsons, Blue Watsons
Generic Norco
Lipitor 20, 40
Norvasc
HCTZ
Cyclobenzaprine
Ambien
Flagyl
Fluconazole
Acyclovir
Valtrex
Albuterol MDI
These are a few of my favorite things...I mean fast rack items!
Generic Norco
Lipitor 20, 40
Norvasc
HCTZ
Cyclobenzaprine
Ambien
Flagyl
Fluconazole
Acyclovir
Valtrex
Albuterol MDI
These are a few of my favorite things...I mean fast rack items!
Hydrocodone and benzodiazepines. I think this year we have dispensed around 50,000 generic vicodin.
Here's a link to the top 200 drugs of 2005.
Number one is Lipitor.
Number one is Lipitor.
HCTZ 25mg & Hydrocodone/APAP 5/500 have to be our top two. After that probably Amoxicillin 500, azithromycin pak, Lipitor 20, cyclobenzaprine 10, lisinopril 20, citalopram 20, albuterol MDI, sertraline 100.
Here's a link to the top 200 drugs of 2005.
Number one is Lipitor.
Ah, but note that hydrocodone/apap has multiple manufacturers. 79 million lipitors vs. about 100 million hydrocodones.
Them Vicodins are popular...
Here's a link to the top 200 drugs of 2005.
Number one is Lipitor.
Yeah right. Who the hell cares about hyperlipidemia? Patients have pain! They need unlimited vicodin and percocets!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here's a link to the top 200 drugs of 2005.
Number one is Lipitor.
Top 200 I believe is by dollar amount. I was refering to actual number of units or pills sold. Hydrocodone wins by a mile....
Top 200 I believe is by dollar amount. I was refering to actual number of units or pills sold. Hydrocodone wins by a mile....
Edited to Add: MtPharmD -- you are correct. See my next post.
The link lists them by both dollar sales and dispensed scripts, and Lipitor wins in both cases.
OK, I've figured this out.
The list you linked to does show hydrocodone/APAP second, but that is only for the Mallinkrodt (sp?) brand of hydrocodone/APAP. Notice the abbreviation MKR. The Watson hydrocodone/APAP is #7. If you were to combine the # of individual scripts for those two manufacturers alone, it comes out ahead of Lipitor. Also, the Qualitest brand is #29. There may be others on the list.
The actual number of hydrocodone/APAP scripts (considering all the different generic manufacturers) dispensed in 2005 was way more than Lipitor. 101639 for hydrocodone/APAP and 79170 for Lipitor.
Thats from: http://www.rxlist.com/top200.htm
So, Lipitor is probably #1 for dollar sales, but hydrocodone/APAP is definitely #1 for number of scripts dispensed.
OK, I've figured this out.
The list you linked to does show hydrocodone/APAP second, but that is only for the Mallinkrodt (sp?) brand of hydrocodone/APAP. Notice the abbreviation MKR. The Watson hydrocodone/APAP is #7. If you were to combine the # of individual scripts for those two manufacturers alone, it comes out ahead of Lipitor. Also, the Qualitest brand is #29. There may be others on the list.
The actual number of hydrocodone/APAP scripts (considering all the different generic manufacturers) dispensed in 2005 was way more than Lipitor. 101639 for hydrocodone/APAP and 79170 for Lipitor.
Thats from: http://www.rxlist.com/top200.htm
So, Lipitor is probably #1 for dollar sales, but hydrocodone/APAP is definitely #1 for number of scripts dispensed.
All - when is your next final?😛
I hope you've had time to study while tabulating all the generic vicodin columns!😀
Just j/king!!!!!
How about azithromycin - anybody running lots of that? I'm dispensing equal #s of azithromycin & amox rxs/day the last 2 weeks (I've been off for a week...) Now...the actual tablet/capsule # count will be different but as for azithromycin...that is currently Dec's antibiox of the month in N CA (especially for kids).
Wouldn't Zpak have a fit if he knew?????

Tomorrow and then I have my last one on Thursday. They are exactly midterms. Tomorrow is Microbiology, and Thursday is Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2. Then, I'm done! Then, I get the joy of the semester with the highest amount of required hours. O the joy! 😀All - when is your next final?😛
:
Tomorrow and then I have my last one on Thursday. They are exactly midterms. Tomorrow is Microbiology, and Thursday is Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2. Then, I'm done! Then, I get the joy of the semester with the highest amount of required hours. O the joy! 😀
Good luck genesis!.......now.......close SDN!!!!! & study!😀
We'll be here Thurs😉 .
All - when is your next final?😛
I hope you've had time to study while tabulating all the generic vicodin columns!😀
Just j/king!!!!!
How about azithromycin - anybody running lots of that? I'm dispensing equal #s of azithromycin & amox rxs/day the last 2 weeks (I've been off for a week...) Now...the actual tablet/capsule # count will be different but as for azithromycin...that is currently Dec's antibiox of the month in N CA (especially for kids).
Wouldn't Zpak have a fit if he knew?????![]()
Who wants to study when you can think about VICODIN!?!
All - when is your next final?😛
I hope you've had time to study while tabulating all the generic vicodin columns!😀
Just j/king!!!!!
How about azithromycin - anybody running lots of that? I'm dispensing equal #s of azithromycin & amox rxs/day the last 2 weeks (I've been off for a week...) Now...the actual tablet/capsule # count will be different but as for azithromycin...that is currently Dec's antibiox of the month in N CA (especially for kids).
Wouldn't Zpak have a fit if he knew?????![]()
I think we do more amox and bactrim than ghetto z-packs (its what i like to call it when we throw 6 tabs of greenstone azithromycin into a bottle, instead of those fancy packages...). But I see a lot of PCP prophylaxis and whatnot, so that could skew things a bit.
How about azithromycin - anybody running lots of that? I'm dispensing equal #s of azithromycin & amox rxs/day the last 2 weeks (I've been off for a week...) Now...the actual tablet/capsule # count will be different but as for azithromycin...that is currently Dec's antibiox of the month in N CA (especially for kids).
Wouldn't Zpak have a fit if he knew?????![]()
I've seen a lot of Z-Paks this week, too. But, it's probably running second to Augmentin and still, way, way, behind the Vicodin and Xanax.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 43
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 537