what electron configuration exceptions do we need to know for the dat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Banana_nut95

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am aware of the Cr and Cu exception, but there are many more exceptions. Should we know all of them for the DAT?

Because Mo, Ru, Rh, Pd, Pt, Ag, Au etc have different configurations

Members don't see this ad.

I am aware of the Cr and Cu exception, but there are many more exceptions. Should we know all of them for the DAT?

Because Mo, Ru, Rh, Pd, Pt, Ag, Au etc have different configurations
If you know Cu, Cr, Mo......of which I call the "Bad Ass Trio" to my students...........you are set for the DAT.

Dr Romano

Join my study group and enjoy my extensive FREE Dynamite Bio Review. Almost 600 pages with detailed graphics, you will be delighted.

Reactions: 1 user
I use a super weird nemonic, MoCuCrAgAu, pronounced moe-ku-crag-au (just say "a" and "u"). It kinda just rolls off the tongue, and it works for me.

Reactions: 1 user
If you know Cu, Cr, Mo......of which I call the "Bad Ass Trio" to my students...........you are set for the DAT.

Dr Romano

Join my study group and enjoy my extensive FREE Dynamite Bio Review. Almost 600 pages with detailed graphics, you will be delighted.

thanks so much Dr. Romano! I am apart of the FB group and I love your DAT destroyer books!