What exactly are recitations?

Started by kim.
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

K

kim.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I realize this is probably a dumb question, but I've never had a class called a recitation. They just published our P1 schedule for this fall and on Fridays we have a 2 hour Med Chem recitation. What exactly is a recititation? Is this a review for the class? Is its something thats offered on an as needed basis or is it usually mandatory just like the class?

Thanks!
 
kim. said:
I realize this is probably a dumb question, but I've never had a class called a recitation. They just published our P1 schedule for this fall and on Fridays we have a 2 hour Med Chem recitation. What exactly is a recititation? Is this a review for the class? Is its something thats offered on an as needed basis or is it usually mandatory just like the class?

Thanks!
It's usually a small group review for class or prep for lab. Some are mandatory, some aren't. 😉